When propelling certain applications, McAfee’s ongoing security module may recognize false positives and keep the applications from running regularly. To guarantee you don’t wind up with misdirecting spring up alerts or inappropriately isolated records, add your believed applications to the McAfee Real-Time Scanning’s prohibitions list. Further, if any applications experience difficulty interfacing with online administrations, add those applications as special cases to the McAfee firewall to allow them continuous access to the Internet.
Excluding Trusted Applications
- Open your McAfee AntiVirus Plus, Internet Security or Total Protection application, and afterward click the Navigation choice.
- Look down in the Navigation Center and after that select Real-Time Scanning.
- Select Excluded Files and after that snap the Add File button.
Select the executable record of the application that you need to include, and after that snap Open. For instance, to include Mozilla Firefox as a confided in application, explore to the Mozilla Firefox envelope, situated as a matter of course under the Programs Files or Programs Files (x86) organizer of your Windows establishment, and afterward select the Firefox record.
Leave the McAfee application to spare the changes.
Allow Applications Through Firewall
- Open the Navigation Center on your McAfee Antivirus Plus, Internet Security or Total Protection application and after that select Firewall.
- Select Internet Connections for Programs and after that snap the Add button.
- Utilize the Browse catch to choose the executable document of an application. Select Incoming and Outgoing to give the application full access through the firewall, or select Outgoing Only to just permit active traffic.
- Snap Save to concede the application access through the McAfee firewall. To keep the application from interfacing with hazardous spaces, you can set McAfee’s NetGuard highlight to On before clicking Save.